Trip Insight Tanzania offers the most reliable transportation to and from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO). At Trip Insight Tanzania, we offer cheap, reliable shuttles, taxis, and buses for Kilimanjaro Airport Transfers. Our Airport Transfers services operate 24 Hrs, 7 days a week. Plan and pre-book your airport transportation from Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO).
If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled pick up time
We use reputable airport transfer service providers employing professional and reliable drivers.
Low Cost Transfers
Our team compares airport taxi prices daily to offer you the lowest rate for each vehicle category
Transfers to all Tanzania / Kenya Cities
Transfers to all Hotels and Lodges
Kilimanjaro International Airport first opened in 1971 as a small regional airport. Over the years, it has undergone several expansions and upgrades to accommodate the increasing number of passengers and cargo.
In 2003, the airport underwent a significant renovation and expansion program, which included the construction of a new terminal building, a second runway, and a modern cargo terminal.
Today, the airport serves as a vital transportation hub for the region, connecting Tanzania to several international destinations.
Kilimanjaro International Airport is located in the town of Hai, Kilimanjaro region, approximately 40 kilometres east of Arusha. The airport is easily accessible by road, with several taxis and shuttle services available for transportation to and from Arusha and Moshi, the nearest town to Mount Kilimanjaro.
- The airport is also served by several airlines, including Ethiopian Airlines, Qatar Airways, KLM, Turkish Airlines, and RwandAir, among others.
- These airlines offer direct flights to several international destinations, including Amsterdam, Istanbul, Doha, and Nairobi.
- Additionally, several domestic airlines, including Precision Air, Coastal Aviation, and Auric Air, operate daily flights to various destinations across Tanzania. This includes Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar, and Serengeti National Park.
Kilimanjaro International Airport is equipped with modern facilities, including a VIP lounge, duty-free shops, restaurants, and currency exchange services. The airport is also well-equipped to handle cargo shipments, with a modern cargo terminal capable of handling over 50,000 tons of cargo annually.
Many airlines offer direct flights toKilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) from different international destinations. Here are some of the more popular airlines that operate flights to Kilimanjaro Airport:
|Name Of The Airline
|Klm Royal Dutch Airlines
|Monday, Wednesday, And Friday
|Monday, Thursday, And Saturday
In addition to these airlines, several other airlines operate flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport from various destinations across Africa and the Middle East. These airlines include Kenya Airways, Air Tanzania, and Precision Air, among others.
- The most convenient way to fly to Kilimanjaro from the Northern Hemisphere is from Amsterdam, from a direct KLM flight
- This flight departs Amsterdam around 10:00 am every day and arrives at Kilimanjaro Airport at 8:30 pm on the same day.
- For US, UK, and European travellers, the easiest way is to take a flight to Amsterdam from the nearest airport (almost every major airport in Europe, the US, and the UK has direct flights to Amsterdam). Then, from Amsterdam, you can catch a KLM flight to Kilimanjaro
The following are some fascinating facts about Kilimanjaro Airport, this will help you know more about where you’ll spend a bit of time waiting for flights:
- The top 5 Airline serving JRO – KLM, Qatar, Ethiopian Airlines, Condor Air, Kenya Airways
- Number of serving airlines (in total) – 12
- Number of terminals 1
- Number of Runways 1.
- Number of direct destinations 5
- Number of passengers (million passengers per annum) – 643,000
- Length of the Primary runway (in metres) – 3,600
If you’re planning for Kilimanjaro Climbing Packages, one of the biggest expenses you’ll face is the cost of airfare. But, with a little bit of research and some flexibility in your travel plans, you can find cheap flight alternatives that can help reduce your overall trip expenses.
The following are some flight alternatives you should consider:
- Turkish Airlines: Turkish Airlines is one of the most popular airlines for Kilimanjaro climbers, with flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport from major cities around the world. They often offer competitive prices, and the quality of their service is highly regarded.
- Qatar Airways: Qatar Airways also offers flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport, with connections through their hub in Doha. They are known for their excellent service and modern fleet.
- Kenyan Airways and Ethiopian Airways: Both offer flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport from major cities in Africa and beyond. They are often a good option for those travelling from neighbouring countries.
- From Southern Africa: For those travelling from southern Africa, several airlines offer flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport, including South African Airways, Air Tanzania, and Fastjet. These airlines often offer affordable prices and convenient connections.
- British Airways: British Airways offers flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport from their hub in London. While they may not always offer the lowest prices, their service and reliability are highly regarded.
After you arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you need someplace to stay to relax and get over your jet lag. Thankfully, there are a lot of accommodations nearby the airport that you can pick from. The following are some of our recommendations:
|NAME OF THE ACCOMMODATION
|DISTANCE FROM THE AIRPORT
|Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel
|Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge
|Mount Meru Game Lodge